The memorial Church of the Holy Spirit at Javorca (virtual excursion) above the valley of Polog was built by Austrian soldiers in the year 1916, to design of the Austrian architect Remgius Geyling. The outside of the church is decorated with stylised coats-of-arms of all the monarchies and lands of Austria-hungary. The interior is classic art nouveau, adorned with colorful decorations. The wooden church was built in memory
of thousands of soldiers who died in the surrounding mountains. The message
of the church is, peace (PAX). The memorial church at Javorca was proclaimed as a historical monument with the 1990 Order declaring natural and historical monumentsand natural attractions in the Municipality of Tolmin.
Additional info: "Pot miru".